You have a great disruptive idea or are about to found something exciting - but no idea where to start? Now what? We’re here for you. We can assist with comprehensive support, but also with facilities and the infrastructure for very different projects.More
You need a flexible place to work, but don't want to bother with long leases? We can offer you space within a creative working environment at favourable conditions.More
Don’t leave your future to chance! No matter if your company is new or established, large or small - let’s bring your business model up to date together. Efficiently, with state-of-the-art methods.More
Let your ideas fly free: TFU Ulm / Neu-Ulm supports you in facing your entrepreneurial challenges and in handling your daily business. Here you can find support and advice for start-ups and business management, telephone switchboards and office infrastructure.More
Administration & reception
This is the place for great companies and even greater people. See for yourself. Perhaps your next cooperation partner is already here? As a start, some describe what drives them and how they are progressing or how they have already become successful.
Exchanging ideas and mutual support benefits everyone.
As one of the large centres, we work across national borders and offer you tailored facilities and laboratory space at three different sites.
Mastering everyday business life in any weather
Your visitors are always warmly welcomed and can wait at Reception in peace and quiet.
Mail and Parcel Service
To leave you more time for your goals, we take care of your daily mail and parcels. The acceptance of parcels while you are on the road is also part of our standard service.
Each day can bring a multitude of questions. With our knowledge and experience, we are happy to help you eliminate those “little problems” quickly. Just ask us!
Support and Advice
Where required, we can provide information material on, for example, start-up concepts or we can arrange contacts with authorities, sponsors, institutions, companies and investors, etc.
Whether for interviews, meetings or telephone conferences - as a tenant, the furnished meeting room is available, free of charge.
Tea kitchen & Table Football
Need a break? Why not treat yourself to a cup of tea/coffee in the shared tea kitchen or play a round of table football to clear your head?
We also offer fee-based services such as secretarial services (e.g. copying, printing, faxing), paperwork, caretaker services, cleaning services beyond standard cleaning (e.g. for laboratories), conference services.
Stay in touch at all times
We can offer a community infrastructure, such as ...
- VoIP telephone system
- In-house LAN network (structured Cat 5 or Cat 7 cabling)
- IT rooms with cabinets suitable for installation
- High-speed Internet access (flat-rate with fixed IP address) and automatic Multihoming
- Server-housing in air-conditioned server rooms
- High-performance colour copiers up to A3 - Digital network printer up to A3 in colour with confidential printing by code and individual cost recording via cost centre
- seminar and conference facilities furnished and equipped with presentation technology
If you are on the road, in a meeting or don't want to be disturbed, we can take your calls and forward any messages according to your requirements.
- We answer calls with your company’s name
- Your customers will always have a personal contact on the phone
- Individual agreements regarding message forwarding are also possible
- This service is included in the rental
A lunch table
Our partners LaCantera and the canteen of the Grüner Zweig Ulm, who can also be contacted for catering, provide a delicious lunch at the GründerZentrum and InnovationsZentrum locations.
LaCantera at the GründerZentrum
Canteen at the InnovationsZentrum
Define your space at the TFU
As a founder or young company, you can expect a flexible and dynamic space of approx. 8,000 m² at our three facilities.
Office space, laboratory space, workshop space and storage space from 20 m².
A range of joint infrastructures and services, no long rental obligations at the following rental conditions:
For all other services, as a partner company, you will be charged our affordable prices as per our internal usage and fee regulations.
The right equipment for research, development, production - right from the start
Biotechnology is one of the most important growth markets of the future. Of the 29 bioregions in Germany, five are in Baden-Württemberg, including the Ulm BioRegion.
- Baden-Württemberg is home to a distinctive research landscape, supported by the state-wide service and marketing company BIOPRO Baden-Württemberg and a large number of biotech companies in comparison to other parts of Germany
- The Ulm BioRegion is the central location for biotechnological production
- in particular for the biotechnological production of pharmaceutical substances
- In the Ulm region, biotechnological research activities are conducted at the University of Ulm, Ulm University of Applied Sciences, Biberach University of Applied Sciences and several large companies.
- The Ulm BioRegion is home to around 50 biotechnology companies providing approximately 2,200 jobs.
- With the Ulm BioRegion, the area has established its own infrastructure, not only to promote the exchange of information between the participants, but also to motivate start-ups:
Olgastr. 95 - 101
Dr Niklas Nold
Tel: 00 49 731 173-252
- Supporting the cooperation between universities, research facilities and businesses
- Collaboration with regional transfer technology facilities
- Consulting, support and promotion of biotech start-ups
- Contact mediation between companies and junior researchers
Your advantages as a founder:
- Contacts for biotechnology as a core area
- Quick access to a regional network in your speciality
Need an overview?
You’ve got a great idea or want to use your skills to start your own business - but where to begin? How do you get all the available information and help as efficiently as possible?
There is a wide range of support offers in our region - both in Baden-Württemberg and in Bavaria.
This overview will help you to find the right offer quickly.
Pick out what’s right for you: chambers of industry and commerce, chambers of trade, business development agencies, business incubators, employment agencies, contacts at universities and colleges, personal contacts, etc. - take advantage of all the opportunities!
Plan your project carefully. During those first years of being self-employed, ensure that you have continuous access to contact persons who will advise and help you without red tape, at short notice and on call in the event of unexpected problems.
And then: Good luck with your start-up!
Brochure “Start-ups in the Region” (PDF 2.4 MB)
The TFU provides more than just office space. Here you become part of a community that you yourself help to create. Short routes, other interesting people, access to a large network and the “scene”. A team fully committed to your requirements. Here's where you can find the wind for your sails.